Text to Donate Terms and Conditions
1. You can make a donation to the Boycott your Bed campaign by texting any of the following keywords to 70175
To make a £10 donation, text:
To make a £15 donation, text:
To make a £20 donation, text:
2. 100% of your donation goes to Action for Children (registered charity England and Wales: 1097940, Scotland: SC038092, Isle of Man: Manx registered charity no. 29, Guernsey: CH330) in support of the Boycott Your Bed campaign. For each text message sent, you will either be charged £10, £15 or £20 plus your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) via the reply confirmation text message; the charge will show on your bill and the sender will show as a five-digit number. Please note where you have donated £15 or £20 you may receive more than one messages depending on your network operator. This is normal and a consequence of your network operator’s billing processes. Donations over £10 will show on your bill as multiple charges (as applicable).
3. No VAT will be charged on your donation.
Who can donate?
4. You must be aged 16 or over to send a text donation.
5. Please note that you can donate using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile.
6. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile when you are outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges levied and retained by your network operator.
7. You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
8. There is no limit on the number of times you may make a donation via text but there is a daily limit (midnight to midnight) of £30 on text donations to each short code from the same mobile number. Further text donations will not be accepted if you exceed this daily limit (so you will not be donating these additional amounts to Boycott Your Bed), but you may still incur your standard network message charge. If you would like to contribute more to the Boycott your Bed campaign you can donate online here.
Incorrect keywords and shortcodes
9. If you enter the keyword incorrectly, your donation to the Boycott your Bed campaign may not be successful. In these circumstances you will receive an error message, in which case you will not make a donation, but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
10. If you send your text message to an incorrect shortcode, or you otherwise fail to correctly follow the instructions in these Terms and Conditions, you will not make a donation to the Boycott your Bed campaign but you may still be charged your standard network message charge.
11. If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means we can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. We may contact you by text on the mobile number you used to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation. If you are sent a link to a page where you can submit your details then, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred. You can access the Gift Aid form here.
How to contact us
12. If you would like to discuss your mobile payment, including refunds, please contact us on 0300 123 2112 (Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm). Call charges apply.